Monday, October 4, 2010

Retail and DD+D at RTC

Byron lead DD+D's “Embodied Dramatic Personas and Realistic Scenarios” workshop for the retail planning, product design, communication design, and marketing teams at RTC Friday.

RTC is a global company that helps marketers connect with consumers in the retail medium.
For more info on RTC http://www.rtc.com/rtcind.ns


Here are some comments from the
RTC participant Teams:

"I feel it helps to stretch our
boundaries when examining shoppers and how they shop and behave."

" Seems really helpful in idea generation, sharing insights, and presenting to clients."

"The presentation was engaging and provided me with some new ideas for incorporating theatre methods into the design process."

" The technique can be used for internal problem solving and process improvement and workshops with clients."

"The technique would help to round out and ask the "what
if''s" once shopper data was initially received."

"As a designer/writer I need to become other people to tease out the best way to
communicate information to "me". What would effect "me" and cause "me" to act?"

"Very Effective. I didn't see the connection (theatre+design) before coming today, but when
Byron broke it down in terms of trust, improvisation, creativity etc.. , I immediately saw the connection."

"I saw this being a great way to run a participatory design workshop during the idea/concept stage. I
especially like the "forum"theatre approach."

"This approach might be interesting in presenting research to designers for hand offs or to clients during research
storming identifying their needs and showing them their own clients."

Thanks Ann Zimmerman and
RTC!








No comments:

Post a Comment